In the thirteen years since Meagan first took up the pen professionally, she’s served as lead editor for the flash fiction magazine Splickety, graduated from the Craftsman level of the Jerry B. Jenkins Christian Writers Guild, judged numerous ACFW contests, and has been a First Impressions finalist. Her writing has appeared in sources such as CBN.com, Journey, Devozine, Spark, Live, and a book of devotionals compiled and published by John Brown University. In her time as editor of Splickety, she had the privilege of teaching other writers the craft of storytelling via Christian Fiction Online Magazine and the Books & Such literary agency’s blog, Between the Lines.
Meagan is an ACFW member, freelancer, night owl, and coffee snob. Her dream is to travel to as many countries as possible to gather and tell the stories of what God is doing in the lives his people.
A dozen facts about Meagan:
- She stares out windows. A lot. (It’s one of her job descriptions as a writer.)
- She spent the latter part of her growing-up years in New Zealand.
- Her favorite authors are Lynn Austin and Charlotte Bronte.
- Onions make her sneeze.
- The glass if half full. She has logic to back her up.
- She’s twelfth generation American.
- No day is complete without a few cups of tea and coffee.
- Sometimes, she enjoys editing more than writing. Crazy…
- She was homeschooled from kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- She prefers barns over malls.
- After nine p.m., she turns into a philosopher.
- She wants to see Europe one coffee shop at a time.